About the CDSRA
Who We Are
The Calgary District Soccer Referee Association (CDSRA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to developing referees to their full potential.
The organization's objectives are:
- To foster and promote a high and uniform standard of officiating by its members in accordance with the Laws of the Game as established by the International Football Board and the rules of competition set by local authorities that are approved by the Alberta Soccer Association.
- To improve the status of, protect the interests of, and promote the welfare of, soccer referees.
- To promote an understanding between referees and the Alberta Soccer Association, its affiliates and associated bodies, and to assist that Association in promoting the knowledge of the Laws of the Game, for the best interests of the game.
- To provide opportunities for members to gather on a social basis.
What We Offer
The CDSRA offers several resources to its members including:
- On-field and in-classroom Integrated Referee Training (IRT) sessions
- Assistance with writing misconduct reports
- Answers to refereeing questions
- CDSRA branded equipment
The IRT sessions hosted by the CDSRA provide referees with training beyond the entry level instructional course. Classroom sessions provide in-depth training on specific areas of the game as well as video training modules to improve recognition of fouls and misconduct and increase consistency between referees. Field sessions provide practical hands-on exercises that focus on positioning, teamwork between referee and assistant referee, and use of whistle, cards and flags.
How to Join
If you are interested in becoming a member of the CDSRA, please see our membership info page.